Be it the people I work with or the callers, never can tell what is going to happen that will really get under your skin. Lately it's a mix of both.
In this type of environment there is lots of gossip. The department has been jokingly called "Townsville Jr High PD" because of all the rumors. Usually I stay out of the drama. Unfortunately, my name made it into the rumor mill. That hurts, but I can deal with it. Maybe one day, people will have something better to do then make stuff up about happy people. *sigh*
Next up are the callers... This regular caller calls and says, "well I got a call from there and I want to know who it was from." I said, if it's important, they'll leave a voice mail, no one is in the station right now. She tells me, well I don't have my voice mail set up. But say the names, I will recognize it when I hear it. He's the guy that sits in booking. (No one sits in booking unless they are booking someone...) I told her that I didn't have time to list off every officers name to see if she thought it was one of them. There's around 45 officers in my department, no way am I listing them all. She tried to argue. I told her I was getting busy, they'd call back if they needed her and then hung up with her protests streaming out of the earpiece. 911 takes priority.
GRRRR!! Why call just to waste my time, cuss me, and argue when you don't like what I am telling you?? Trust me, if you can't figure out what you need, I'm not about to let you waste my officers time too.
We have been so busy tonight I have had 911 calls on hold.
Our poor EMS got run all over earlier. Of the 6 officers I have working right now, there have been 2 booking someone at any given time, and some crazy drunk guy was daring the officer to shoot him while he was getting booked. On the bright side, the fire dept is getting to sleep and now my EMS is too.
Oh and ALL my favorite football teams lost. That just sucks. Alright, that's enough complaining for me, thank God I'm off tomorrow. Next post will be more upbeat...
Song for this post: The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
Ugh
1 year ago

Yep, the Texas Tech Red Raiders LOST. Good luck in staying under the radar in junior high....
ReplyDelete"Maybe one day, people will have something better to do then make stuff up about happy people."
ReplyDeleteWe can hope, right? Sorry they sucked you into that, good for you for staying above it.
I almost thought u worked with me..then I read u how many officers you had... ya.. imagine the kind of rumors you could be added to with over 1000 employees!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't do high school well.. I learned working here that the person that invented the MP3 player deserves a hug and prize.. It drowns out all the gossip between calls..
Hang in there! Or come work with me! ;-)
-Dispatcher