Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm a Dork

More randomness!... When FD or EMS gets a call, I have to 'drop tones' and that opens their pagers to record what the dispatch is. (Technology is cool!) I have the ability to page them out separately or together. (Even better!) Except that tonight, and for the 2nd time THIS WEEK, I have hit the button to page them both out instead of just paging EMS. You know I sound like such a dork going over the fire frequency and saying Townsville fire, disregard, dispatch error! (And then they have that recorded on their pagers too!!) Then dispatching EMS to an overdose call.
Oh my, the 2nd time this week, I'm usually a very good dispatcher, what is going on!? I don't make these rookie mistakes! Well I guess I do now. At least I can learn from my mistakes.. I hope... :)_

On a funny note, we got about 10 911 calls and another 10 regular calls for an elderly man walking on the interstate and everyone said, "he has a walker" to describe him!! Not much about him trying to hitch a ride or cross the freaking interstate, just that he had a walker and looked old.

Song for the post: Ne-Yo - Closer (Cuz I'm getting closer and closer to being a complete and total dork. And a blond dork at that.)

2 comments:

  1. Ok one has to wonder how many old men you have walking along the interstate that you'd need a better description...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, everybody screws up... don't worry about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete