Public Service Announcements!!
Just because you don’t know what to do, doesn’t mean you call 911. Stop and think about what is going on.
And while you’re at it, pick up a phone book and within the first few pages is a listing of your local PD numbers. If you are unable to work a phone book, (as so many people seem to be nowadays…) check the Internet for a number. Everyone can work that, even my grandma!
I will not provide you with the number for a pizza delivery joint just because you called 911 instead of 411. Don’t bother to ask. I will hang up on you without a second thought.
Also, if your house was robbed sometime around the last 3 days and you have already been inside and made a list of everything that was taken, do NOT call 911. Yes your stuff is gone, but the lady I had to put on hold for your non-emergency call is having chest pains and difficulty breathing. She wins. Hands down, and by a lot. Plus you just pissed me off and when you call back on the regular number, it's still me that answers.
Another note: Just because you threw up, one time, yesterday, does not mean you have the Swine flu. And if you do in fact have the Swine flu, stay away from me and my medics! I happen to like them and they come in my little room and visit me frequently. None of us want to be sick.
Ok, end of rant. 1 hour of this shift! It went from insanely busy to dead!!
Ugh
1 year ago

That's not dead that is the quite before the STORM.....
ReplyDeleteI think so too...
ReplyDeletePeople call 911 because they think they have swine flu?! Ok, I would NEVER have the patience to do your job.
ReplyDeleteI was going to post a comment, but then I coughed a little, so I have to go call 911; obviously I have Ebola.
ReplyDelete