Thursday, September 17, 2009

2 Rules

There are 2 rules that can never be broken in this job. When broken, bad things happen.

#1-Don't trust your caller. You can never assume anything they say is right.

#2-Never say the word Quiet. It's a superstition that I don't really believe in, but it's uncanny how often the bad juju comes after someone says that word...

Ok, we try really really hard, but we are not always right. We don't have all the answers and on top of that, our callers are almost never right, so you do the math that isn't there.

And just to try things, my partner and I BOTH said, "It's to quiet in here!" We decided we are bored soooooo..... I'll let you know the results.

Song for the post - Granuaile's Dance - played by Mairead Nesbitt of Celtic Woman

2 comments:

  1. I don't like superstitions either, but there is something about the Q word. Two Christmas' ago, my dad called to say Merry Christmas and wished me a "Quiet day." Not even 30 minutes later I got a call about a dead guy. I was sooo pissed. So you keep your Q words to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never say 'slow' either.

    We once had a trainee that could say quiet and slow in the midst of chaos.. and it would!!!!!!

    I miss him! I used to stand over him saying.. 'say it!! say it!!! please!!!'
    -Dispatcher

    ReplyDelete