...to be a PW.
This happened a few days ago: Try getting woke up from a dead sleep by your significant other calling you. Still trying to wake up, you are hearing something about a violent crime and the good guys are ok and the bad guys are in custody and then line goes dead. DBear called to let me know he was ok. Which was awesome! I'd tell you the rest of the story but the investigation is on-going, even the news doesn't have it all, yadda yadda yadda.
That same day DBear was over an hour late getting home and called me several times for various information. He told me he was filling out forms and needed the info. When he finally walked in, he handed me 2 pieces of paper. I don't remember what the official title is for them, but it was a form for the beneficiaries in case of a death in the line of duty (the federal version). Those 2 papers weighed on me more then the phone call.
When the officers are working, they are trained to do what they do. God has them in His hands and I don't worry (much). But something about seeing in black and white the possibilities of what could happen really hit home.
And that possibility is why it's so hard to be a PW.
You made a time machine, out of a Delorean?
7 hours ago

Oh, 911R!
ReplyDeleteHow frightening that must be for you. And when something like this comes up it must be very hard for you to send your husband back to work the next time. I am glad DBear let you know he was okay. Prayers are headed out on your behalf as I write! Take care and know that you are never just hanging in there, you're being held by one who's love and compassion never fails.
I totally understand. I've been reading your blog a lot and really enjoy it. I too am a PW and it's great. I don't worry too much either, but I do have a different take on some things than I did before.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, your blog is hilarious!
Thanks Hotflash.
ReplyDeleteAnonymous,glad you like it! Yeah, the PW aspect will change lots of things.