Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cooking..

My voice is back! Unfortunatly I am not getting to talk because there are no calls right now. The world is asleep. I think people have gone into hibernation... So I sit here and I'm thinking about you and then about nothing and then about you. Again.

I'm just tired and writing.. I actually made dinner last night; meatloaf (that wasn't dry and gross), mashed potatoes (from scratch), and green beans (from a can). For the record, I've never done any of that before (except green beans from a can). Growing up I always perceived cooking as something that was very difficult. DBear was almost an hour late getting home and since I was hungry, I just started doing it. Best part is that it was easy, tasted great, and I wasn't hungry anymore! LOL.

Perhaps with all the multi tasking that goes on in my job and all the stress with the life/death aspect of things, cooking is not a big deal... Then DBear told me that was an easy meal to fix in terms of multi tasking. I told him to think of the most stressful meal to make. Bet I can do that too! He couldn't think of any right then though.
In my book, cooking sucks and is only something I'll do when I'm really in the mood (or hungry and alone). But I was still proud of myself for trying and succeeding. Plus I don't have to hear the dreaded 'what's for dinner?' question tonight because I can say, LEFTOVERS! It really was good, but there's only 2 of us... Needless to say, there will never be recipes on this blog!

No song - Tell me, what's your version of the most stressful meal? Or a funny cooking story.. Anyone ever have to get the FD called out for cooking?

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge cooking fan either, if there's something easy I'll make it. I'm more into baking.
    However when I was in college I did have to cook dinner for myself and luckily my roommate and I had a firefighter as a friend because we did set our kitchen on fire. Over mashed potatoes. They spilled over the side and started a fire. He was there to put it out for us. It was a grease fire, we had no idea as we were starting to pour water over it. Lesson learned to always watch the stove and not wait for the timer to go off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 911R,

    Good for you cooking a nice home cooked from scratch meal! I'm proud of you. I am happy for you that it turned out to be yummy too. YAY YOU!! It is also refreshing to see that there are still families who actually EAT leftovers! I can offer you some really yummy and easy recipes if you like! I have a simple black bean soup recipe you can make in less than an hour! Say the word and I will be happy to get something together for you. (But only if you are interested.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. try the frozen vegetable steamer bags. They are delicious and i don't care for frozen veggies at all. As far as the rest...my grams always made it seem like such a huge exhausting chore to go cook dinner so i have the same mentality as you on that! no fires for me but once i did explode a cake in the oven because i didn't read the little t for teaspoons so instead i put the big T tablespoons of everything in it. What a mess...just take my word for it...don't try it at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. TM- Thats freaking awesome!!!

    Hotflash- If you have some really easy ones, that sounds ok.. Send them to my e-mail whenever you have time.

    Random- I love those!! and you should have taken pics of the mess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never had to call the FD, but in college I started a grease fire and went to pour water on it. Fortunateley my roomie stopped me and we extinguished it instead. I have never had good luck with grease :)

    ReplyDelete