As stated, I love dispatching the FD out. Not that I wish any ones house has to burn down, but we don't have very many 'good' calls and when I do get them, they are difficult because I'm out of practice. So I was delighted when I got this call at first, but it really highlights why we question the callers instead of believing only the first thing they say:
911R-911 what is your emergency?
Clueless Caller- My house is on fire!!
911R (crossing fingers because I sooo need the practice with a real structure fire...)-Ok, can you see any flames?
CC- No. My wife started yelling and said to call 911 because the house was on fire!
911R- Ok, can you see any smoke coming from your house?
CC- No! Just hurry and get here! Oh, here comes my wife! She knows what's going on.
911R- Can I talk to her please?
CC- Hang on, she says I can cancel..
CCWife- It's really ok, there's not a problem.
911R- Can you tell me what happened?
CCW- Well my husbands French fries were in the oven and just got a little overdone.
Song for the post by: Story of the Year - Anthem of Our Dying Day
Ugh
1 year ago

Crunchy fries yummy, ash fries not so yummy....
ReplyDeletewhat the....... ?!?! Oh. My.
ReplyDelete