Have you ever wanted an author to expand on a character? I was reading Brisingr by Christopher Paolini and there are 2 side characters that I really like, Roran and his new wife Katrina. With Katrina, she's a very strong women, and I wanted so much more from her point of view. So while I was bored, I wrote some of what she may have thought while her warrior husband was away, leaving her alone, pregnant, and without means of contacting him.
She always knew it could end this way. Where she was alone and cut off from the one she loved so dearly. Thinking about him made her smile. His own smile was intoxicating. She missed the way he spoke in his quiet, deep voice. The advice he gave the other men so freely. Mostly, she missed the way he made her smile.
Never shy, she had shared her whole world with him openly. Although maybe that wasn't such a good idea anymore with him going off to fight all the time. She made him so mad last time. Perhaps, now that she thought about it, she had shared to much. She couldn't help it though, something about him just made her want to tell him everything. Maybe it was his gentle smile, the way his eyes twinkled as he listened so intently to her every word. Perhaps it was because he made her feel like the only one in the world that mattered.
Yet life goes on and as she shook her head to clear away the familiar images she couldn't help but smile and wish yet again that things had been so different...
At least that's the way I would feel back in that day and time.
Ugh
1 year ago

Have you ever thought of writing your own novel? Your writing is quite good. I haven't read the bood you're talking about, but what you wrote makes me want to find it.
ReplyDeleteNot really, but thank you very much! I really appreciate that! :)
ReplyDeleteNice job. Have you ever written fanfiction?
ReplyDeleteNope, never even thought of that.. thanks
ReplyDelete