Working a double isn't so bad. Add that extra hour for the time change and I'm hating it though.
I am also rather sad and more then a little jealous that these little towns are getting 'good' fully involved structure fires. I need practice with the 'good' stuff. I refuse to be the dispatcher that completely messes up a Mayday call. I'm not a perfectionest, but I love this job and I stive to be the best. Being blond, I screw up enough unintentionally.. :)
How do other agencies work the time change, do you get an extra hour of pay, overtime, or nothing?
Ugh
1 year ago

We get "nothing" except in the spring we get to leave an hour early! SO happy my double is over!
ReplyDeleteMy husband was working alcohol overtime so he will get paid for the hours he worked. Not sure how it worked for those on regular shift...
ReplyDelete911,
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about screwing up cause you're blonde. I know plenty of honorary blondes out there too. Striving to do your best and giving it your all are all any one can expect. I know how stressful and difficult your job is, one of my friends is a 911 operator. It can really take a toll. Thanks for doing it and (mostly) liking it! My hat goes off to you, (as soon as I'm over the crud, right now I'm too cold to take it off!) -Hotflash
Gia- Glad you made it through your double!!
ReplyDeleteCopswife- yep, that's how it was for me, instead of just 8 hrs it's 9 hrs overtime. My paycheck is gonna rock!
Hotflash- Oh thank you so much!! That's so awesome to hear, I hope you get better soon too!
You guys all rock, thanks for the feedback, it's really interesting to get other view points.