Monday, November 16, 2009

Freewrite - Prayer

Prayer has become a routine in my life, every time 911 rings there's a quick prayer breathed before I answer. Each day I watch DH walk out the door there's a prayer that I trust God will protect him. Faith is a difficult thing for some people to grasp so I won't harp on religion, but I wanted to share the prayer I say before bed (whatever time that may be).

Lord, please hold all the first responders safely in your hands. Be with the dispatchers and grant them the ability to adapt to their many callers and duties. Be with the officers and keep their minds clear and focused and out of harms way. Place Your hands on those of the EMT's as they treat each patient and grant them safe paths as they rush through town. For the firefighters I pray you provide solid footing for each boot step and Your light to guide them in smokey hallways. Let them make a difference that will bring glory and honor to Your name.

Amen

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I pray every time I hear a siren...whether it's fire, ems, or police. I just want them all to be safe & of service to those who need them. Glad to know someone else is praying too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 911,

    That is a terrific and compassionate prayer. Exactly the kind of prayer I had in mind when I asked my blog followers to say one. I personally believe prayer makes a difference. Even if not all believe that, it certainly makes a difference to those who do. And it can't hurt the others. Thanks for sharing. -Hotflash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome prayer. I pray when I hear sirens or seen police cars.

    ReplyDelete