First, this post is dedicated to Hotflash because it's really all her fault...
I was born in the mid 80's. So I had never heard of the tv show Emergency! from the early 70's. I found Hotflashs' blog and at the beginning she talks about how she wants to be a fireman and has fond memories for this Emergency show. Now being the 'young pup' I had NEVER heard of it. Recently my shift changed to nights so when I woke up at 1600 and checked the tv guide, I was pleasantly surprised to see a listing for Emergency!.
Now I have seen a total of 5 episodes. The actors are fine and the story lines are pretty good, but the fashion and the technology are hysterical! Not to mention all the changes to the job.
Anyway, I now find myself recording all the re-runs and watching them with pleasure. So I'm addicted and it's all because of Hotflash. Check out her blog, she is trying to make her dream come true and become a firefighter. She is currently getting in shape and provides updates on her exercise and how many steps Pete (her nickname for her pedometer) has logged in a day. She's looking for all the support she can get, so stop by and say hi.
That's enough for me, I have a pile of leaves to jump in again! Ah, I love the fall!
You made a time machine, out of a Delorean?
7 hours ago

Gawd, I used to watch this show all the time, along with Adam 12. Kent McCord...*swoon* He was certainly a hottie in his day!
ReplyDeleteYou are SO awesome! And I love taking the blame for creating another Emergency! fan!!! I really appreciate you. And I hope you had fun jumping in the leaves! I used to have a giant maple tree in my yard when I was growing up (4 houses away from the fire station :D) and we had LOTS and LOTS of leaves. Jumping in them was fun.
ReplyDeleteAw thanks Hotflash!
ReplyDeleteI use to watch that show every saturday at 7pm. It was a show that the whole family would sit down and watch. Adam-12 was another favorite of mine. Got to love them shows of yester year!
ReplyDelete