Almost every day you can see me walking my beautiful American German Shepherd. I love to look in windows of houses and see all the little things that make them homes. Its funny to note how familiar I have become with the pictures on the walls in some houses where the curtains are always open. Especially the houses on my street.
I walked past a place I see so often and there was a light on where there is usually none... This is what I thought:
Why did you leave your light on? That's not like you. Scared the heck outta me. It's such a small desk lamp, I don't think I ever even paid any attention to it. That small warm glow reached out and touched my heart. It made me want to scream at all the darkness around it because so much is lost and hidden in darkness. The little light was so warm and inviting. Like a beacon of hope and the fact that there is still good in the world. While the sun was giving up its job of lighting the world, this light seemed to take it on. Challenging all that is known.
Song for today:Every Light in the House (is On) by Trace Adkins. It's a country song, I'll post about work stuff later, just had that in my head for the morning...
Ugh
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment