Saturday, August 29, 2009

Gas and My Melting Popsicle

Just another day, loving life, sitting at work and eating a Popsicle (I've been on this Popsicle kick lately..) looking up the translation for the weird dream I had.. I was in an airport and putting together a puzzle with Mr. Ocean. There was an awesome storm raging outside the huge glass windows.. Then 911 rings and cuts right into my thoughts..

911 and the Randomness: 911 what is you emergency?
Caller who sounds about 20ish with bleached blond hair*: Um, I just need to know if you spill gasoline in your ear and on your face, will there be any permanent damage?
911R: I can send an ambulance to check it out, where are you at?
Bleached gives address and states her 27yo husband was working on the car and got gas in his ear and on his face.

Because of this, my partner sends out the PD and EMS and the FD because there was a 'considerable amount' of gas spilled.

So I continue with my questions as I watch my Popsicle start to melt...
911R: Is he having any difficulty breathing?
Bleached: Well he says his face is starting to burn.
911R: Ok, is he having difficulty breathing?
Bleached: Uh, nope. He was working on the car and I don't know what happened.
911R: Is he completely alert?
Bleached: Oh yeah. (He can be heard cussing in the background...)

I just lost to many brain cells to remember the rest of the call....
Guy was fine, I got to finish my melting Popsicle, and all is well in Townsville.
I love my job!!

*Please note that I am a blond and occasionally fit the stereotype.
Scary part is that they let me answer 911... ;)

Song for the post: Sean Kingston - Fire Burning

No comments:

Post a Comment