Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's All Good. For the Most Part..

Sometimes words are simply not enough. My thoughts are scattered to a million different places today and I find it incredibly hard to focus. Actually it’s been the last 2 days. I am in an ocean-like fog of confusion. Don’t ask, I’m a hot mess. Just bare with me through my scattered post..

Diesel Bear took me out on the motorcycle yesterday and it was awesome. We probably used a full tank of gas. We went to my favorite restaurant, Red Lobster and I got one of my favorite foods: Snow Crab legs!! My dad taught me how to crack them so that I almost never need to dig the meat out with a fork. I’m so lazy I don’t even work for food! So that reminded me of a memory that I’m going to share…..
When I was little, my father would steam crab legs at home late at night when my sisters and I were supposed to be asleep. Somehow, I always woke up and sneaked out of my room to eat with them. It wasn’t something that happened often, but it was wonderful when it did. Later my other sisters started to wake up too, so it became the fake crab meat that just got micro waved, but it was still fun. Plus being a kid and staying up late was so cool.

As for the stupid people today, they were all over… There was a woman who called about losing her ‘domesticated’ pet fox. She said that a man reached down to pet it and it got spooked and ran. Hmm, I don’t think it’s very domesticated if it’s scared of people, but what do I know…

A man called to say that his neighbor cut up wood and left it in the grassy area that was city right of way. I asked why this was a problem and he told me that he had bought a new shed and in order for it to be delivered he needed all that junk moved! Yeah, that’s why we have code enforcement. Call them. Unless the wood is doing something illegal… Which I would love to see…

Then my favorite: Sweet caller, saying she lived in a duplex and, “my neighbors put dog poop on my porch and tore down my sting that marked the boundaries of the yard!” She continued on to say that they had been moving her patio furniture almost every night. If this is a problem, buy a house and get a privacy fence!

I love my callers. Well, I'm thinking to many things to have just one song listed today, so I'm gonna skip the song today.

1 comment:

  1. A ride on a bike is awesome anytime. I love red lobster also and those biscuits.....

    ReplyDelete