Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm actually suprised by the public... In a good way!

In one day, with one call, my faith has been restored in our youth. I had a call from an extremely polite girl, she said her name, that she wasn't old enough to be an adult living on her own and she wasn't living with her mother right now because of some things that had happened in the past. Apparently DCFS (Dept. child and family services) was involved... anyway, she said that she needed to be registered for school and her mother was refusing. Then she said, "I just need help."

That right there was more then enough. She clearly wanted to go to school, she sounded so lost and yet she was still trying. Makes me happy to know that kids today aren't all royally screwed.... (I'm really not very old, just seems that way sometimes...)

Song of the day: I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas
Which is currently my ring tone and I love it. If you want an upbeat tune/pick-me-up, listen to it! :)

3 comments:

  1. So, were you able to direct her to someone that can help her? Like, what agency would that be? Sounds like she's a good kid, I hope she gets the help she needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, you got this call on the 911 line? What a terrible situation. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. copswife-yeah, we refered her to the school resource officer and he managed to get her mother to register her in Townsville where she has been staying. It helps to tell the mother that she is still responsible for the kid even though the kid ran away...

    KD-actually this came in on the non-emergency line. Which is anoher reason I was impressed, she took the time to look up the non-emergency number. being publice safety I get all the phone lines/radio traffic.

    Thanks for your comments!!! :)

    ReplyDelete