We get noise complaint calls all the time on night shift. Everything from loud cars to barking dogs to a loud party.
On the regular line I got a call from an irate man about an on-going noise complaint. I asked where it was at and what was going on. He tells me that once a week there is a trash truck that empties a dumpster really loudly and then slams it back down on the ground. During the afternoon, on a day that isn't today.
Metal on metal, of course it's gonna be loud!! I would just like to know what he thought the police could do about it. It's not happening in the middle of the night or during the wee hours of the morning, it's only 1 time a week and he didn't even call when it was going on!
What's not to love about my job? :)
Song for the post: Video - India Arie
You made a time machine, out of a Delorean?
7 hours ago

I love the fact that this really happens...that people really do complain about this shit...and you get to hear it all! This is pure blogging gold...hahaha
ReplyDeleteFunny you write about this....I was recently "talked" to about noise complaints, how no matter what time of day or night, no matter what the complaint is, put up a call. Yeah...I just nodded my head and said "sure, I will let patrol deal with it"....LMFAO!!
ReplyDeleteOrganic -Yeah, people never cease to amaze me!
ReplyDeleteBlogger -awesome, I told this idiot to talk w/ my sgt! Who then decided to tell this guy was an idiot he was!!
People are so amazing! At least it gives you something to laugh about!
ReplyDeleteThey empty the garbage at 2 a.m. at a business near my house and it makes me want to SPIT when they slam that bin down and wake me up. I've called the company and complained, but I've never called the police...hmmmmm. New strategy, perhaps? LOL...
ReplyDelete