Tuesday, February 23, 2010

911 call...

Tell me what you would think if you were on the other end of this call:

A women calls and says that she's having a heart attack/stroke/seizure/convulsions/headache, whatever, pick a chief complaint, (she ends up saying all these anyway). She starts saying that she was driving with her little dog and pulls over because she has been feeling dizzy/headache-y, and is going to pass out. Then she says that her lungs were closing like they had just collapsed and shut off.
If you haven't figured it out yet, this lady is a little crazy, but she had finally pulled her car over.
She started saying that she was going to pass out and die. She said that she couldn't remember the last time she passed out.
She couldn't remember her name, then suddenly blurted it out. She wanted her husband called, but couldn't remember the number, then suddenly blurted that out. Thankfully EMS got on scene, because she was screaming that she was gonna die. There was no calming this lady down. We called her husband for her and the dog, and yes she is fine.

But tell me, what the heck would you say to this lady?

Song for the post: Selena Gomez & the Scene - "Naturally"
Found this song and fell in love with the remix.

8 comments:

  1. I could tell you what to say to her, however you probably wouldn't have a job after doing so! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady, stay with us! Stay with us lady - at least until you get far enough down the road so that you cross into the neighboring jurisdiction.
    Actually, as much as you would like to say that, you still have to play the game. One of our psycho one-a-day callers died on us recently. Good thing we played the game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice, Capt! We had one of our crazies last night also, but that one time you disregard their "someones is flickering my lights or knocking on the house" or I am dying and he gets in, you lose!! Not worth my job so if they call, you are going!! "Calm down, Ma'am, I can't help if I can't understand you...." Stay safe
    Gia

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounded an awful lot like my dysfunctional neighbor that I've mentioned before. She once walked an entire block to our house in the middle of the night and banged on our bedroom window to ask us if she was choking! I swear I am not making that up or embellishing in any way. SIGH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hollie- LOL, i know!! I wanted to say so much..

    Capt. Schmoe and Gia- yep, i played the game like a good little dispatcher! ;)
    I found out she told EMS that she was possessed too.

    Hotflash- Wow!! they are def out there en mass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many years ago, in a different profession, myself and some colleagues were trying to talk to a local lady who had escaped from the Psych Unit she was in and barricaded herself in her old home, much to the annoyance of its new owners when they came home.

    After 2 hours of persuasion, she refused to come out of the room. One of my less patient colleagues said, rather loudly "She's a @*%*ing nutter, oy nutter, get out here"

    10 seconds later said lady comes charging out of the room to attack him, into our waiting arms.

    Sometimes, politically correct just don't work

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a particularly not-very-witty contribution to add, but Capt. Schmoe's answer was best by far, so I respectfully defer and fold. Fun reading though.

    ReplyDelete