Driving down the interstate, I always notice all the eclectic things on the side of the road. Lately there have been multiple calls about things on the interstate.
There have been calls about couches, a tv stand, and today there was even a bale of hay. Driving the other day I saw a few plants scattered all over the roadway.
What's the strangest thing you've seen?
Song for the post: Thomas & Friends - The Snow Snog
I know it's a kids song, but we've had so much snow lately! :D
You made a time machine, out of a Delorean?
7 hours ago

I don't know if this is just a Kentucky thing, but there are constantly mattresses on the shoulders of the highway... no clue why... oh, and I almost hit a ladder that was inexplicably laying in the middle of the highway yesterday...
ReplyDeleteWhile driving through a city about 30 miles away from where I work, I recently spotted an old fire engine apparently abandoned on the side of the highway.
ReplyDeleteUpon closer examination, it was determined to be one of OUR fire engines, broken down, waiting for a tow. I don't know what it was doing over there or where the crew was.
It seemed pretty strange to me.
BTW, the state DOT where I live furloughs it's workers three days a month. As a result, they don't pick the crap up off the highways as much as they used to. FWIW.
Meatbag-I think I need a new mattess, now I know where to dump the old one! that's awesome.
ReplyDeleteCapt. Schmoe- Yeah, that is def strange... And I'm guessing the roadkill cafe is gonna open really soon...or it's gonna smell really bad.
I always wonder what happened when I see a shoe on the road. My friend told me once that as a family they were going to a wedding with her nephews, the older boy was tormenting his younger brother with his shoe. He kept trying to make him smell it. An open window and well the rest is history...
ReplyDeleteI live near the state of New Jersey so I have ventured on many many highways & parkways & thruways. I once saw a guy get arrested on the side of the road, does that count hehe? I've seen shoes, sweaters, socks, tire parts, & a doll once. I too wonder what happened like Mo! lol.
ReplyDeleteHey girl thanks for the comments the past few days. I wish I could give each & every one of you a hug. I would have loved to see you punch him. He deserves it. Thank you. *Hugs* =)
I just came across your blog and I LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteStrangest thing I've seen on the side of the road: a dead cow next to someone's mailbox.
Well, the strangest thing I have seen on the side of the road is underwear. I mean, seriously, didn't the owner notice it was a bit... breezy? But, even stranger, my friend once texted me to tell me what she saw on the side of the road. It was a dead deer... with a chicken standing over it.
ReplyDeleteI think I was once the strangest thing found on the side of the road for someone else.
ReplyDeleteWe were dispatched mutual aid to a neighboring district for a structure fire. SOP states that we never respond POV out of district. I was close to the border, though, and for some reason had my gear with me. I donned my turnouts and waited for our closest engine to pass my way with the duty crew. They came around the bend and found me showing some leg... er... sticking out my thumb. They stopped - without even killing the siren momentarily - and picked me up to increase the crew from three to four, and off we went like that was how we do it all the time.
I'm with Hotflash. The strangest thing I've seen is a pair of underwear. All I could hope is that they weren't wearing them at the time they lost 'em...
ReplyDelete