At work I wear a headset. It has a battery pack and aside from that, there's a thing that gets plugged into the base, but it's wireless and has a pretty good range which allows me to get up and move around freely. Well, it allows me to go to the bathroom and to refill my water and still hear the radio traffic.
After a good day of hard work, I gave the oncoming crew the information of what happened, got my stuff, and headed out. It wasn't until I was out the door that I realized I still had my headset on.
The sad part is that I was so comfortable wearing it, it took the reflection in the rear view mirror of my car for me to notice I hadn't taken it off. Even walking out the door, past several officers while wearing it, none of them said anything because they are used to seeing me wear it. I think I work to much...
Bear says I'm such a goofball. :)
You made a time machine, out of a Delorean?
7 hours ago

Ha Ha! That is too funny! We have headsets that plug into our long leashes to the desk. Sometimes we unclip but forget about the headset too. Cordless sounds awesome, getting water while still working. Bonus!
ReplyDeletelol. I had a co-worker leave work with her headset on and didn't realize it until she got a weird look from a drive-thru employee (who was also wearing a headset).
ReplyDeletei am soooooooooooooooooo glad that i am not the only one who does this :) you make my day sometimes. Thanks for that. it's the little things.
ReplyDeleteI've done that before... working dispatch for a convention (about 20K attendees) and by the time I finally got off shift I didn't notice that I turned in my radio but still had my headset on. Of course, after 56 hours on the radio over the course of a 4 day weekend, I was still hearing voices for the next few weeks.
ReplyDeleteMy current job, I have a headset that plugs in to my phone, so I can't go too far without my leash tugging on me. So if I walk away from my desk I have to unplug myself.