Ofc Gnome was in dispatch and talking about a traffic stop he made:
A young girl in high school got pulled over by him. There were several 'friends' with her and they all smelled of weed. Long story short, it was the first time she had ever tried weed. Ofc Gnome put the fear of God into her.
Now I'm left to wonder, did that contact start something that will forever change this girls life? Will she get better friends? She seemed to be on the fence, a good breeze either way and she'd go to the 'bad' or 'good' side for life.
Ever wonder if what you do makes a difference? Time will tell for this girl.
Song in my head now: Dave Matthews Band - Why I Am
Ugh
1 year ago

I doubt it. Look at Paris Hilton getting pulled over drops a bag of coke. Who even does that? Does time for drunk driving, gets arrested in another country for weed and now this I think people never learn.
ReplyDeleteI think we do make a difference, that some way we affect the lives of many everyday. Sometimes the only thing we can do is give people tools to help themselves. Some will learn, some will not. The amazing part is, what can make a difference. What words were used, what actions were done that changed a direction. For the most part we won't know, we just have to trust it.
ReplyDeleteI think most teenagers are exactly as you describe this girl: on the fence. Their brains aren't even fully developed until their late twenties. That's why it's so important that we keep them off drugs. I hope she does learn something!
ReplyDeleteYou will never know who's life you changed for the good or bad. I have called many a parent to come to the scene, I will never know if that was a turning point or if they high fived each other down the road. You can only go with gut and hope that is the right thing.
ReplyDelete