I swear I get recorded more than a celebrity.
Dispatchers know full well that everything they say and do gets recorded. Police officers have dash cameras, and in some cases are followed by people with cameras. There are camera's in the back of ambulances and there are even helmet cameras for fire fighters now. Every time any of us key up on the radio, that's recorded. When I pick up the phone, everything is recorded.
The recording can either save you or hang you. I have been burned because I'm not perfect, but when the recorder goes down and can't save you, it's like someone took away your safety net. Our recorder went down for a little while and it was horrible. So there's my random thoughts for the day. :)
Song for the post: Auto-Tune the News: BED INTRUDER SONG!!!
Search it on youtube, this is from a real news clip. Makes me laugh every time.
Ugh
1 year ago

You know, it's really a good thing to remember this for various reasons. There have been several times that what was going through my mind didn't fly out of my mouth because I knew I was on a recorded line. At the same time, it's great to know that it's not just our word against theirs when it comes down to what was said...recordings have save my skin a couple of times.
ReplyDeleteI've come to love the recorder. Only because I constantly remind myself that my big mouth will get me fired... so I tow the line.
ReplyDeleteAMEN!! I've been saved more times then not and if I am not careful, my big mouth would get me fired too sometimes...
ReplyDelete