Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's Not Cute

I completely understand that little kids want to play with cell phones like their parents. What I don't understand is why parents give the kids a deactivated cell phone that still has battery power. FYI, those can still call 911. Over and over and over again.

Please, I beg of you, if the kid has to have the 'real' cell phone, take the battery out!! Or at least supervise them with it and if you notice the phone has a call active, tell me it's only a kid! Listening to a kid watch and yell at Sponge Bob after putting a real emergency call on hold isn't cute. Not even the first time. Especially not the 3rd or 4th time.

End of rant. :)

Song for this post: Thé à la menthe by La Caution
(Its the 'laser field dance' song from Ocean's 12, which is cool too.)

5 comments:

  1. I acutally had a client the other day who gave her kids (like babies) cell phones... GREAT... except there was still battery power! I groaned loudly and took the batteries out. explaining the whole "They can still call 911 thing!" She didn't believe me. She went to dial 911 "Just to see" Really I had to stop her... *sigh* some people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, no kidding! people should keep a closer eye on their kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! Small children with old phones can definitely be a hassle. Just as bad as kids playing with house phones with an adult present who is clueless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ya! Ugh. I hate booty calls (butt dialing) and little tot 911. A waste of police and dispatch resources.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't a fake 911 call an arrestable offense? Send the cops to the house, arrest the parent who is there, let them stew in jail overnight, then drop the charges.

    ReplyDelete