Some calls leave me shaking my head and standing firm in the belief that stupid people really are my job security. Don't believe me? Let me share the last call of my shift the other day...
911R: 911 What is your emergency?
Caller: There's a sick cat in the backyard and it's kinda flopping around out there!!
911R: .................
Caller: But it's not moving around much and I'm really worried about it!
911R: Ok, (getting all the info) and in the future, please call our non-emergency number for a sick cat that's outside. Yadda yadda, thanks and an officer will be there.
The Community Service Officer (CSO) responds and asks where the cat is. The caller says that it's near the fence. The CSO says, "I'm sorry, I don't see it." The caller points again near the fence. The CSO approaches the fence and picks up a brown plastic bag, "Is this the cat you were talking about?"
Yep, she called 911 for a plastic bag. :)
You made a time machine, out of a Delorean?
7 hours ago

........Really? Really? Please tell me that this was night time that the flopping around bag could have looked like a cat? hehe. Actually I can't talk about stupidity. My grandmother accidentally thought my raccon tail hat I dropped under the car in broad daylight was a real raccoon. Oops!
ReplyDeleteNope, it was bright and early in the morning!
ReplyDeleteAt least your grandmother didn't call 911 though! :)
Oh man that's a good one....
ReplyDeletexx
Jaxs
And no substances influencing this incident, right?
ReplyDeleteA sick bag?
Wow.
This post makes me wish I was you!
ReplyDeleteTalk about job security!!!
ReplyDelete