Saturday, June 26, 2010

Have a Blessed Day

It's always interesting to hear the different ring back songs and various voicemail recordings on peoples' cell phones. How much does it say about the person I'm calling when I hear some hard core, angry rap music followed by a voicemail that's cussing and slang words? I'm going to assume you are uneducated or don't have to many thoughts about being a grown up. Or if there's some classical music with a simple recorded message, you are probably a self respecting adult or mature individual.
I could be totally wrong of course and there's always exceptions, but this my opinion based on the experiences I've had. If you know of a different example, by all means, tell me about it.

Ring backs and voicemail messages aside, the way you end a call also has things to say about you. Do you just hang up or do you say good bye or some other phrase?

There was a minor incident with a female yelling and saying all kinds of cuss words and being offended about everything under the sun. I will say she was very kind towards me, but not towards the man she was mad at. She was cussing him in more colorful ways then some sailors. And at the end of the call she stopped cussing at the man and told me, "Thank you so much, you have a blessed day now!"

I set the phone down and couldn't help but wonder if she was related to Sybil somehow.

Song for the post: I Pray for You by Jaron

2 comments:

  1. I love that song and it couldn't fit better with this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny story - many moons ago when I was a new calltaker trainee, one of the problems I had was ending calls. For some reason, I had an issue executing a proper "goodbye", it would always come out something like "uh, yeah okay". I have since departed calltaker land for police radio kingdom, but still get teased about it by my training officer.

    ReplyDelete