Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ah Sherry..

In case you were worried, Scary Sherry, (one of) the town drunk(s) is alive and well. And I managed to talk to her about half a dozen times in 2 hours. She also spoke with my partner about as much. Plus 2 officers.

Sherry claimed that she was going to die in 6 months. Well that was 7 months ago and she is still very much alive and full of piss and vinegar. Her main complaint was that she was going to sue Townsville PD. Why? Because we gave her a ride. (There's a little more to it, but not much, I promise.) The best part is that she claimed to know the Sheriff and also the top DA in the area. And she could, who am I to say she doesn't, but more likely, she saw their names on signs around voting time...

Do any other dispatchers/officers get the crazy people that call and threaten to sue the department? Or do they claim to know everyone of importance?? I know we aren't alone....right?
Or any crazy thoughts are welcome in the comment section. :)

5 comments:

  1. Every town has gotta have one nutjob. hehe. Michelle Obama probably goes to her house for dinner right? =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the joys of small town America :) I love the calls from people who feel they have a "personal" officer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure any of my crazies have threatened to sue.

    We had Screaming Marie who lived in her car and had people put bugs in her car. She got mad a lot. She moved away (I heard she drove)

    Danielle strikes fear into the hearts of dispatchers in our area. Her strong accent and constant drunkenness makes the word "Hallo" one of the most feared. She moved about 40 miles away but still calls us sometimes. I think she misses us. We miss her too, but our aim is getting better. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a woman that would call 50 times a night for DAYS on end saying her husband was beating her and she was going to sue 911 and the police department for not responding.

    Police would get dispatched out every time she called, no husband or injuries in sight and within 5 minutes of them leaving she'd be on the phone again. I felt sorry for my calltakers -- she was absolutely vile to them on the phone.

    Eventually the police department had her committed for 72 hours and she hasn't called since.

    I still give out that address in my sleep though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel-YES!!! Love it!

    Canis-Oh I know!! Me too!!

    Scott-Wow!!

    Sassy Pants-Oh that's crazy!! I think the most Sherry has called in probably 30 times in one night. I'm glad they were able to do something about it though.

    ReplyDelete