Monday, January 25, 2010

Animal Control...


We do not dispatch for the police department anymore apparently. We are now the new animal control. The other day a person called because she found 4 guineas. My first thought was the little furry things that look like hamsters on steroids. Nope, these are birds. Thinking hard, I remember hearing about these birds being hunted, and my caller is rambling on about how she knows that they just have to belong to someone because they are so expensive. I think people forget that there are animals that are wild. You know, as in have no owner because they existed here before all the houses were built...


Regarless, here's a picture of a guinea fowl in case you were wondering. This week there have been so many strange animal calls I'd swear that I work for animal control instead of the Police department.
Song for the post: Jason Derulo - In My Head



3 comments:

  1. Heh, we use those for tick control in our neck of the woods! Was the call just because they were in the area or was someone tying to jack them up with a gun? "Lady, you called 911 for this"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, yeah, they were just running around and she called us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was suprised by one of these on the front porch of our house when I was in high school, it scared the crap out of me. I refused to walk on the front porch or even open the front door. I live in the biggest town in our area (its not BIG) but you dont see deer, rabbits, chickens, or anything else like that in your front yard.

    My brother and his brother in law eventually killed it and cooked it up for an appetizer that night....

    ReplyDelete