Ugh
1 year ago
NOTHING WRITTEN HERE REFLECTS THE POLICIES/VIEWS OF THE DEPARTMENT THAT OCCASIONALY CLAIM TO WORK FOR. EVERYTHING IS AS TRUE AS I REMEMBER IT TO BE. I WISH ONLY TO HAVE AN OUTLET FOR THE STRESSES OF THIS JOB AND HAVE NO INTENTION OF REVEALING REAL DETAILS, NAMES, OR LOCATIONS OF ANY CALL. PRIVACY IS RESPECTED. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED THEN LEAVE THIS BLOG. ALL RESEMBELANCES AND SIMILARITES TO YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW ARE A COINCIDENCE. Enjoy all the wonderful things that people call 911 for!
When I worked in the ER, we always thanked God for stupid people - job security!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you live in an area that's different than where I do but that could be a legitimate question here in Connecticut. Where I grew up in Greenwich, CT there were many "towns" within the larger town. One could be in Cos Cob, Riverside, Old Greenwich, Glenville, etc., etc. but still be within the Town of Greenwich. And, if you called Emergency Services from Cos Cob, let's say, you would be connected to the Greenwich ES organization. But, if you happened to be in Shippan, just next door, you would be connected to the Stamford ES organization.
ReplyDeleteSo, it seems to me, that this could be a legitimate question based on where you actually are.
Thanks for the great blog!
Bill W
Bill W-
ReplyDeleteLOL, yep, we live in a very different area. I didn't stop to think about that part since it's so cut and dry here. And there's my own moment! :)
Thanks for the comment, I'm always appreciative of other valid view points.
911R
911R - Those people are our job security and our job balancers. Can you imagine if we didn't have the quirks calls in the middle of the drama/trauma calls we'd be bonkers. They are a very frustrating part of our job, and time consuming part of our job, but they do break up the day.
ReplyDeleteI live in Townsville, Australia. The term Ville is the modern Fench word of Latin origin meaning Town or Villa. I always wondered why my town was called Townstown??? But then I found out that a man named Robert Townes discovered it. Even though the Aboriginies had been living here for over 80K years.
ReplyDelete