Saturday, May 5, 2012

It's Only Fair...

I feel that it's only fair...I've guarded my identity to the fullest, and after lots of thought I have decided to share one personal fact that could give me away to alot of people. But here goes: In a little over a month and a half, I will be having a baby. I know, I know, I haven't been very nice in hiding that fact from you, my dear faithful readers. So here's all the info I'm usually asked: No I haven't been sick once, this has been the easiest thing I've ever done aside from sleep (which I'm doing alot of anyway). No I don't know if it's a boy or a girl and have no desire to know until I see it. Yes we have names, but in blog land you can call it 911R.5 or 911R and a half or something to that degree (this is because all the ofc wives are DSN.5 or DSN and a half but since I have my own identity, I'll use that for the baby). Yes my mother is thrilled, yes Mr. 911R is totally out of his element and rather shocked at all this baby stuff, I suppose he'll make it though. It amazes me how the cops can handle fights and car crashes and all manner of things, but they are lost about baby stuff. Goodness, this got long fast, I just hope you all forgive me for keeping such a big secret and bare with me if my posting gets super slow in a few months. 911R

9 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news! Congratulations! And yes, babies scare a man because his child will be the most important thing he ever has to protect. Babies scare cops because cops know the enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Your life will never be the same, trust me, and that's a Good Thing. My timeline for parenthood is that the best parts are the early, very early, years. Then it gets worse, sometimes really tough. But after about eighteen years or so things start looking pretty good and when the grandchildren arrive, if you are so blessed, then things get really great.

    But, through ALL the tough times and the good times it's still a wonderful feeling to be a parent. To know that you are shaping this person's life.

    It ain't easy but nothing worthwhile ever is!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! And no apology neccesary for playing things close to the vest. Sometimes it's better that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries. I'm expecting 2 babies in about 6 weeks myself. I didn't feel the need to share that with you as one of your readers, so I think I'll forgive you for not sharing with me as a blogger. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For over eleven years I used my own name and info on my blog, but it enabled me to be horribly, savagely, hacked and some accounts compromised. So, the old me had to disappear and the new me is back. Nameless. And with no readers. I couldn't tell anyone but a few that I was moving blogs. I had boy names picked out because I was sure it would be male.

    When the girl was born, I went into panic mode. NO girl names had even been considered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delurking to say that I have enjoyed your blog very much, and congratulations on your impending motherhood! It's selfish of me to say this, I know, but I hope you will still have time to post regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. Don't worry about the Mr. Good men learn real quick.

    ReplyDelete