Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Your First Words..

Instantly tell me so much about the call I'm about to get. .

Tonight I got one of my other favorite lines, "I have a situation". My first thought is instantly, this already sounds like a personal problem!!

So my call proceeds something like this..."I have a situation, I'm not really sure what to do, me and my friend were driving and saw a cute little dog and then another car hit it so we picked it up and now I don't know what to do with it because I've never been in this situation before."

The dog was, unfortunately dead, but there is nothing an officer is going to be able to do. With no tags we can't locate an owner, we are police/fire/ems... not trained vets, voodoo zombie controllers, or animal control.

Also, you stopped and picked up a dead dog, so it's now your personal issue that I can do nothing about. I can't tell you what to do with it, though I'll agree it's a sad situation, I personally never would have picked it up once I realized it was beyond all help.

It's been an interesting few shifts lately.

Song of the post: Les Miserables - A Little Fall Of Rain

3 comments:

  1. So you work in a job that communicates directly with the general public, and with people experiencing unique situations that are almost always highly stressful, and you're surprised by the results? Here's a hint: we are not always brainaics when we are freaked out over something. It sounds like you are not cut out for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous 2-17-12, you are partially correct. Stress does induce certian reactions in people. However, another, even more powerful aspect controls a larger amount of the population, stupidity. I would venture to guess you are an expert on that. These are funny, light hearted, NON-emergency stories. You would most certianly turn into a limp noodle if you had to talk a new mother though giving her lifeless 3 month old CPR. Please, Please to keep from emberassing yourself further, STFU when you have no clue what you're talking about :)

    ReplyDelete