911R: 911 What is your emergency?
Male Caller: Yea, I need help, there's water coming out of my hot water heater and I don't know what to do.
911R: .....Have you called a plumber?
Male Caller: Its so early, I don't know who to call, can you send an officer to me instead?
Yes this is a real call. Yes the caller was male and sounded to be about 35-40 years of age. No, he couldn't figure out how to turn off the water at the shut off valve. And No, I didn't send an officer out there.
Excuse me caller, please hand me your man card, you won't be needing it anymore and it's status has been revoked. Perhaps that is a sexist remark, but for the love of Pete, EVERYONE should know how to turn off their water!! You don't know how, then learn, ask or google it. Heck I'm pretty sure there's even a youtube video out there somewhere. This 'call the emergency line' for anything has to end. I'm taking a stand. Take a minute and think ladies and gentlemen.
And just for the record, he called back on 911 to tell me that someone (his wife) showed him how to turn the water off.
Song for the post: Kenny Chesney - Somewhere With You
Ugh
1 year ago

lol, what a freaking moron!
ReplyDeleteWell, we know who wears the pants in the family...
ReplyDeleteAh, yes. If all else fails, follow directions - or ask your wife! That is a hoot!
ReplyDeleteAnd this one of the many things gone wrong with today's world. On the other hand, it's freaking hilarious
ReplyDeleteWell, at least he was polite enough to call and give you assurance that everything was OK; think of the sleepless night of worry which that call saved.
ReplyDeleteThank you for not transferring it to the fire department, we get enough of those calls thankyewvurrymuch!!
ReplyDelete