There's all kinds of reasons to call in sick. Some are legit and some are not. The excuses are anything from a sick kid to lack of sleep, then I heard this one: A guy called in sick because his cat had a miscarriage.
If you haven't already, go back and reread that last sentence, I'll wait. Now that you're back, what in the world kind of reason is that not to go to work??? And it got me thinking, what are the worst/lamest excuses for calling in sick that you have ever heard?
Song I'm listening to: Who Knows? Natasha Bedingfield
Ugh
1 year ago

I had a friend who got a parking ticket and called in sick because she was too 'upset' (crying). Definitely a nominee for the lamest category
ReplyDeleteHarlequin-I totally agree!! LOL
ReplyDeleteActually... on the cat issue, it can depend. If the miscarriage is bad enough, the cat can bleed out and die if she's not treated. So that would be a good reason to call in. Of course, I would probably have said "I have to take my cat to the vet - it's an emergency."
ReplyDeleteIf he's just calling to comfort his cat, not so good.
Had too many doubles in a row once PLUS training so I was physically exhausted - PLUS had some difficulties with an administrator so I was actually concerned that I may punch his lights out if I saw him.
ReplyDeleteWhen I called off, the Sgt. wasn't available so the dispatcher was going to take the information down. He asked me for the 'official reason' for calling off. I said, "I don't give a #@$*, get creative."
Next day the chief called to see what the expected recovery time was for my 'recent fall from a Malaysian sex swing.'
I LOVED that dispatcher!
-GYD
the worst one i have heard was my coworker who called in because she mowed her lawn and was too wore out to work...good grief
ReplyDelete