Friday, February 17, 2012

To My Biggest Fan....

Today I received this comment on an earlier post. -I copied and pasted the post exactly for all my readers to enjoy:

~So you work in a job that communicates directly with the general public, and with people experiencing unique situations that are almost always highly stressful, and you're surprised by the results? Here's a hint: we are not always brainaics when we are freaked out over something. It sounds like you are not cut out for this.
By Anonymous on Your First Words.. at 12:06 PM

I would like to say thank you so very much for the great laugh. I needed that.
Yes Mr/Mrs. Anonymous, I am cut out for my job in a way you can never understand. I don't post about the hysterical mothers finding their dead children or when people scream about their houses being on fire.

I post about the funny and silly stuff that people think is an emergency when it isn't. For example, when they call 911 because they picked up a dead dog and don't know what to do. The dog is dead and not a person and no 911 center can help with that. Most other people would agree they would leave the dead dog on the road.

Also, I'm very curious what your job is. How much contact do you have with the public at large? Jay Leno has a segment called, "Dealing with the Public" you should probably check out.

And if you would really like to be freaked out, not only am I really good at my job...I am a trainer for all our new people. In some aspects I use this to vent from the intensely stressful situations that I have to handle because of being in someones life for their worst moments, in other aspects, I hope this is even a tiny bit educational for other people.

Should you still be reading Mr/Mrs. Anonymous, feel free to keep telling me how bad I am or send me an email with flames, or maybe we can trade some more stories and maybe I can teach you how to spell 'brainaics'... it's brainiacs.

Thanks so much for being my biggest fan ever! :)

911R

5 comments:

  1. Dear Anon - It sounds like you are not cut out to be a follower of this blog.

    Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure Anon doesn't have a clue, or a job working with the public.....just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Or the ability to use common sense. Sheesh. A dead dog =/= a call to 911. Animal control, maybe. Not. The. Cops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I've just discovered this blog, I find my reactions are a little late:

    I really wish that dead dogs were the silliest thing I heard from my PO stepfather. Out here we get the glorious joy of people calling the police because a pheasant woke them up, or there's a porcupine in the driveway, or even because their dog stuck its nose under something and met Mr/Mrs Skunk...

    Sigh.

    Also, your anonymous fan hasn't a clue what working with the public is like, I'm thinking. They get stupid over the weirdest (and frequently littlest) things.

    ReplyDelete