Townsville Police, can I help you? I'm completely polite and professional when I answer the phone because I never know what is on the other line.
When my caller started right away by saying he lived in another state and wanted the officers to call his family since they were bugging him, I knew right away it wasn't going to be a pleasant call.
When I explained he would have to contact his local police about the phone harassment, he said a string of cuss words I don't care to repeat and then stated that he only had the Townsville Police number because we called him and asked him to stop calling and harassing his family. Nice.
I told him to stop cussing at me in a very professional manner (I'm recorded so it actually was professional). He proceeded to tell me to *uck off. I said have a nice day sir and he hung up on me!
I love my job, where else can you be sugary sweet to people and piss them off even more so they don't get what they wanted?
God says to be nice to your enemies and it's like heaping hot coals on their heads. :)
Ugh
1 year ago

"God says to be nice to your enemies and it's like heaping hot coals on their heads"
ReplyDeleteObviously, God understands passive-aggressiveness and condones its use!
Thanks for the post.
I heap PILES of burning coal every day!! lol! ;)
ReplyDeleteROFL!!!! I do the same thing!!! Ain't recorded lines grand?!!
ReplyDelete-dispatcher