Monday, July 20, 2009

Nope Not For You

This job is defiantly not for everyone. Either you have it and you can do it, or you don't and you can't and someone will get hurt. It's that simple.

I am a public safety telecommunications operator. AKA t/c (or a dispatcher for Police, Fire, and EMS). Well, I prefer dispatcher, but the PC term is that long thing. My job does not define me, but it sure adds spice to my life. I've been at this for around 5 years, give or take and I have handled all kinds of calls, from boring to baby momma drama, to homicides. There will be more on that later..

My town, here after referred to as Townsville, has around 25,000-30,000 people that live here. There are 1-3 people in the dispatch center at any given time and I absolutely love my job. The main focus of my blog is to vent and laugh about all the 'special customers'!

1 comment:

  1. And here for a moment I could have sworn I was reading my own blog... till I got to the size of your town.. and the number of dispatchers .... Hahaha.. Welcome to blog world!!!!!

    It's great therapy!!!!
    -Dispatcher

    ReplyDelete